[Ekiga-list] DTMF codecs supported by Ekiga

Pratiksha Powar pratiksha.powar at onmobile.com
Tue Oct 9 05:25:35 UTC 2007

Hi Damien,

Yes, our Voice Applications support DTMF RFC2833 quite well.
But they expect the payload type to be 96 and not 101.

I saw the following line in the trace:
SIP Transport:98449a8 SDP     Media attribute rtpmap found for unknown
RTP type [pt=96]

And later the SIP INVITE message included this
"a=rtpmap:96 telephone-event/8000"
instead of
"a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000" which it normally included.
This is what I have been trying to achieve for so long.

Now that I have achieved it, I'm not able to hear any sound once I call
the Voice pp which I was able to with Ekiga 2.0.2

Thanks,
Pratiksha