[Ekiga-list] Beginner's problems!

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Sat Oct 6 22:45:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

Le samedi 06 octobre 2007 à 18:58 +0100, ael a écrit :
> Julien Puydt wrote:
> > Ian Grace a écrit :
> >> I'm using Ekiga 2.0.3-0ubuntu8 on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)
> >
> > 2.0.3 is obsolete. 2.0.11 is out, and we provide packages.
>
> Yes, but Ian asked about Ubuntu. Neither Ubuntu nor debian packages are
> yet at http://www.ekiga.org/?rub=5 since we moved to 2.0.11. It's a pity
> that the links to 2.0.10 were not left for these distributions until the
> new packages arrive.

This is due to lack of man power... 2.0.11 packages for Ubuntu will come
when they will be ready...

But, as I maintain the Ubuntu wiki about Ekiga, you can still use 2.0.9
(2.0.10 and 2.0.11 are almost the same) here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ekiga

The download for 2.0.9 are here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ekiga#head-57385c7cf79361cbb4d7195b9f43c1bb33c1e94c

By the way, you can't use Ekiga to join friends using *Windows Live
Messenger*, you can join them if they use *Windows Messenger* (yes I
know, this is confusing, but please don't blame us, Microsoft pick up
those names and I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing : they
just dropped SIP support in Vista in favor of their own private and
closed protocol :( )
How to use windows messenger with ekiga.net:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Connecting_Windows_Messenger_5.1_to_ekiga.net

Regards,
Yannick