[Ekiga-list] SIP Proxy

Philippe Laliberte arsphl at davidbowie.com
Fri Oct 5 14:12:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am lost a bit about the uses of a SIP Proxy. I see how it is useful
for outgoing calls, but I don't see how it can handle multiple ekiga.net
addresses on different workstation.

Setup:
I have a non port translating firewall, that simply routes incoming
calls to given internal IP.
I have a certain number of workstations.
If I set-up the routes for a specific workstation the RTP works fine
both for calls out and incoming.

So I assume that technically I should be able to have an
outgoing/incoming relay behind the firewall that would make the
distribution.

Do I need to set-up a public domain name and an internal registrar?

What am I missing here? ...

Cheers,

Philippe