[Ekiga-list] CIF over h261 on Ekiga 2.0

Njål Borch njaal at itek.norut.no
Fri Oct 5 11:55:24 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've used GnomeMeeting 1.2.1 with some Logitech quickcam pro 4000 to
provide video conferencing.  Using that setup, we ran CIF resolution
video using the h261 video codec.  Now that we're trying a similar setup
based on Ekiga 2.0.11, we only get QCIF.  This is unaffected by network
limitations, as we're running it with max allowed bandwidth (100KB/s) on
a LAN.

The strange thing is that if I call Ekiga from GnomeMeeting, the GM
video will be CIF resolution (and looks very good), while the return
video is still QCIF and looks very bad.

I have configured video size to be CIF in gconf, and the camera preview
shows me a nice and crispy CIF image.  On connect though, it switches to
QCIF.

Is there any special reason that Ekiga has "lost" the ability to use CIF
resolution?  Specially since it apparently can handle it well if the
remote client sends it?  Is there an easy fix?

Best regards,