[Ekiga-list] DTMF and Asterisk?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 10:12:07 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have started playing around with Asterisk recently. I got very
confused when I couldn't get it to respond to DTMF tones from my Ekiga
client. I tried loads of configuration settings on Asterisk and upgraded
to their latest version 1-4.12. Same problem.

I installed Twinkle and OpenWengo as alternatives to test, and they both
worked first time! Asterisk correctly interprets the tones sent from my
keyboard....

How can I help to identify and fix the problem here? My client end PC is
Ubuntu 7.04 and the Ekiga version is from the standard Ubuntu Feisty
repo: 2.0.3.

The sound quality and echo cancellation of Ekiga is far better than
Twinkle and somewhat better than OpenWengo so I'd really like to
continue using Ekiga if possible.

Thanks

Alan

--