[Ekiga-list] Strange TCPDUMP.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Thu Nov 29 20:51:42 UTC 2007

"W.P." <laurentp at wp.pl> writes:

> Użytkownik Bruno Hertz napisał:
>> "W.P." <laurentp at wp.pl> writes:
>>

>>> Thanks for interest. I have checked my "Personal address book" in Ekiga
>>> and there is NO entry referring to sabela.pl NOR to sabela IP address.
>>>

>> That's interesting, since all your client sends to that address is
>> subscription requests, which are certainly not issued on behalf of
>> ekiga.
>>
>> I'd guess it's presence detection. Did you thoroughly check your
>> Evolution etc. address books to which ekiga might have access to?
>>

> /I may examine it file-by-file if someone tells me what files. Moreover:
> problem is repetable./

Sure it's repeatable. Have a look at this link, and at the section
"hostnames sharing ip with a-records". Does any of those domains tell
you something? Because they all have the same ip address as
130.sabela.pl.

Again, it must be something on your end. Ekiga sends only subsciption
(no registration) requests to that domain, and it's not clear from
your debug log why.

But applying simple logic (you apparently live in Poland, register
with a Polish provider, and the offending address is Polish) it's
pretty clear that something on your system is triggering those
requests.

Regards, Bruno.