[Ekiga-list] multiple accounts - which of them is used as source ?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 17:03:29 UTC 2007

--- Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:

> Le mercredi 28 novembre 2007 à 07:41 -0800, Sergei Steshenko a écrit :
> > --- yannick <sevmek at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > You can call sip:yourfriend at firstprovider.net
> >
> > OK, suppose, _both_ of my accounts are selected, then from of the accounts will
> > my call come ?
> >
> > That was my question.
> >
> > Some friends may know me through one account of mine, and others through
> > another, so I do not want my friends to reject my call because they come from
> > and unknown to them account.
> >
> > Also, some echo services reject alien accounts.
> >
> > So, again, if both accounts are selected, from which of them will my friends see
> > my call ?
> >
> > It's like I have a number of accounts in my sylpheed-claws, and I choose from
> > which of them I send an Email.
>
> Like Yannick said.
> Either by the default account, or you have to use the full sip address.
> --
>  _     Damien Sandras

Neither of you answered my question.

The question was:

if I have both accounts registered and if I call my friend with full URI,
like sip:friend at voip.provider.domain, from which of the accounts will my friend
see my call ?

I think the question is simple enough.

And I'm asking this question _after_ reading the documentation - because I
couldn't find an answer in the documentation.

Say, 'twinkle' supports simultaneously two lines, and its source can be easily
reconfigured to support more; it looks like PJSIP ( http://www.pjsip.org ) also
supports a number of accounts simultaneously (haven't tried it yet in practice),
so end user's ability to understand from which account the other party will see
the incoming call is important.

Thanks,
  Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/