[Ekiga-list] trace of problem getting Ekiga to work in kubuntu gutsy

jim ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Mon Nov 26 20:04:52 UTC 2007

> > > Go to Edit->accounts
> > > Do you have a line for ekiga.net?
> > > Is the box (A column) checked?
> > > What does the status column tells you? Registered?
> > >
> > > You can check and uncheck the box (A column) to force manual
> > > registration.
> > Thanks again Yannick. I did all this and the status column still shows
> > me unregistered. As well as checking and unchecking the A column I also
> > tried deleting the account and reloading it. Again I show up as
> > unregistered. Here is the latest trace
> > http://www.pastebin.ca/797491 . Thanks for your patience in helping me
> > get to the bottom of this.
>
> There is no attempt to register to ekiga.net at all, you must be doing
> something wrong with the accounts window.
Any idea what I could be doing wrong. I checked and unchecked column A
for ekiga.net. I see no activity in the terminal window (ekiga -d 4 )
when I do this. I do see at the bottom of the ekiga gui a message saying
registration failed however. When does the attempt to register occur?
Should I see a message in the terminal window when I check/uncheck
column A? Thanks.
Jim