[Ekiga-list] Help with Unibrain firewire

Edie Morton edie_morton at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 10:40:08 UTC 2007

Thanks for the tip. Worked installing pwlib, opal, and ekiga. Checked and saw ekiga was updated with a newer release. Still have a problem getting ekiga to recogonize the firewire video. Tried all selectable settings: v4l, v4l2, 1394AVC. nothing worked. Didn't see a selection for 1394DC which I would think would be for non audio integrated cameras. The Unibrain that I have doesn't have integrated audio so I guess that I need another setting(ie 1394DC?).  Changed channels while selecting video types, no difference - no video device. Also pushed the detect device- nothing. What to do next?

David Ford <dford at ansur.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Edie Morton wrote:
> OK,
>
> I went to the Ekiga website and downloaded the three files for FC6:
> Ekiga. When I double clicked and logged in as super user, I'm prompted
> to installing package. Clicked the apply and finally get a error
> message, Unable to satisfy dependencies, Package opal needs
> libpt_linux_x86_r.sp.1.10.4, this is not abailable.
>
> I went out and found the package and installed in /usr/local/bin and
> edited /etc/ ld.so.conf to include the /usr/local/bin path. Tried
> again and get same error message. Where shoud I install this file so
> that it is found when installing opal?

Cant you just type = yum install ekiga - ?
and let yum sort it out.
David

http://mail.yahoo.com