[Ekiga-list] G729 codec

Jure Petrovic fonz at siol.net
Sun Nov 4 12:55:58 UTC 2007

I thought here might be the problem because I noticed differences in RTP
payload sizes between received and sent packets when using Ethereal.

However, I never had problems about not being heard by the other party.
Does the other party hear anything at all? For example squeaky noise or
just silence?

I would also like to know if you have a balanced connection when using
this codec.. i.e. upload_rate = download_rate

Note that the sizes, you are showing in the table seem to me as
unencoded frames. g729_codec.c takes unencoded frame PCM-16 (160 bytes)
and makes a encoded frame G729 (10 bytes). So your outgoing RTP packet
should have payload size 10 or 20 bytes.

Regards,
Jure