[Ekiga-list] webcam in ekiga

Shane Helms jovial_man at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 19:47:28 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I have a vimcro webcam, that is supported by the
gspcav1 driver.
I've installed pwlib with support for v4l, and can
detect my webcam under ekiga.
but when I want to enable my webcam I get this:

"Error while opening video device /dev/v4l/video0

A moving logo will be transmitted during calls. Notice
that you can always transmit a given image or the
moving logo by choosing "Picture" as video plugin and
"MovingLogo" or "StaticPicture" as device.

There was an error while opening the device. Please
check your permissions and make sure that the
appropriate driver is loaded."

My webcam works under gqcam and xawtv, the permissions
seem fine, and my username is listed as a member of
the video group.
I don't know what else to check.
Any ideas?

Thanks,