[Ekiga-list] Speex codec

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu May 3 19:28:37 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 03 mai 2007 à 14:28 -0400, Masullo, Chris F a écrit :
> We are still having issues with Audio going bad on H.323 calls, I have not tried SIP because the systems I need to connect to at this point do not do SIP.
> Here is what I found.
> When we go into the configuration assistant page 7 of 10 where you can setup your audio I have the same problem on every windows system I have tried. When you click on Test Settings after about 4 seconds instead of hearing yourself echoed back this clicking starts. this is the same kind of thing I get when in a H323 call. I have even tried it with the inputs and outputs muted, you can watch the VU meter go nuts. We currently have 2 Polycom Viewstation room systems and I do not see this happen when I call into them. I also tested the H323 with a Codian MCU with a 6 way call and even though I had all the inputs muted on the Ekiga system after about 10 min the clicking started. There seems to be an Audio issue with the Windows version at this time. I have tried now 4 PC's windows XP and 2 laptops Windows XP with the same results. I have gone in and disabled all the audio codec's and enabled each one at a time but have the same problem. I even tried a Windows Vista system but there are way more problems just getting it installed and then working that I gave up. I have tried Wengophone and Gizmo on the same systems without any problems. However we can't use them to connect to our Polycom viewstations and or our Codian MCU at this time because SIP is not supported on our Polycom Viewstations or MCU at this time.

If you are having the same problem with the Configuration Assistant,
then it means the audio handling in Ekiga does not work at all.

However, I find it weird that you have the same problem on 4 machines,
with 4 different hardware, because there are a lot of people without any
problem at all.

We are working on a DirectSound plugin. Perhaps things will improve.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net