[Ekiga-list] Pulseaudio and ekiga

Zoho Vignochi zoho.vignochi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:08:40 UTC 2007

hello,

I would like to start by saying thank you ekiga. I use it to keep in
contact with my family and it has proven to be useful and very reliable
for me.

My question is this: Can pulseaudio and ekiga be used together? I have
searched this list as well as the pulseaudio-discuss mailing list for
any hints or help on configuring ekiga to use pulse but I didn't find
anything.

I install all my programs from Debian unstable and have the latest
versions of pulseaudio and ekiga from the Debian repositories. All my
sound applications work normally (totem, vlc, muine, last-exit,
Democracyplayer) but ekiga does not. It shows no error and I can call
500 at ekiga.net but I won't hear anything until I kill pulseaudio. And
then everything works fine.

If I test the audio settings with my USB headset I get the warning:

"Impossible to open the selected audio device (Logitech USB Headset) for
playing. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and that the
device is not busy."

Again, if I kill pulseaudio there is no problem. I think it has to do
with being unable to select pulse as Ekiga audio manager. Any pointers
would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.