[Ekiga-list] Why H.263 is not used in ekiga?

Rene Bartsch ML at Bartschnet.de
Tue Mar 20 18:37:40 UTC 2007

> Hi all,
>

>             Eventhough H.263 codec in opal supports high resolutions,
> why it is not used in ekiga? Please be gentle. I am quite new using
> ekiga. Please help me by giving a reply.

That's a quite interesting question. When testing Ekiga with 1 MBit/s
upstream in the LAN resolution was something about 172 dpi although my
Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro provides a resolution of 640x480
(V4L2).

It would be nice to have more efficency (higher resolution and framerate)
in Ekiga.

Thanx for any hint

Renne