[Ekiga-list] ekiga for win32 does not detect NAT correctly

Dieter Rogiest dieter.rogiest at telenet.be
Wed Mar 14 17:19:10 UTC 2007

Hello,

at my sister's place I installed ekiga for windows (2/3/2007) on WinXP.
She has a adsl router/modem Zyxel.
The configuration druid: detecting NAT: it always detects "symmetric nat" no
matter how many ports I forward from the router to the computer.
Just by chance I 've set the NAT traversal method to STUN (stun.ekiga.net) and
the echo test to 500 at ekiga.net works with echo of my voice.
The configuration druid still detects "symmetric nat" but video conferencing
is possible (although the sound is horrible, see my next messages).

Dieter