[Ekiga-list] Problem receiving calls... and a solution.

Gustavo Maciel Dias Vieira gustavo at sagui.org
Wed Mar 14 01:47:52 UTC 2007

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for my delay this time around. :)

Em Ter, 2007-02-20 às 22:54 +0100, Damien Sandras escreveu:

> What is the difference between udp_timeout and udp_timeout_stream ?

udp_timeout applies to new "connections". udp_timeout_stream applies to
assured "connections". After a number of UDP packets are sent/received a
"connection" is marked as assured.

> Also, do you know that Ekiga is supposed to send a packet every 30
> seconds to the SIP host in order to refresh the binding ?

I did not know that!

> Is it possible for you to sniff the trafic and see why it does not
> happen ?

Ok, I used tcpdump to monitor all traffic to ekiga.net and there are no
packets sent every 30 seconds. The ip conntrack tables also don't
indicate any activity.

Is there any option in Ekiga that I could have mistakenly changed? How
do I check if Ekiga is trying to send these packets?

Abraços,
Gustavo