[Ekiga-list] in difficulties

Fabrice ALPHONSO fabrice at alphonso.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 8 10:57:58 UTC 2007

On jeu, 2007-03-08 at 11:33 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi,

<snip>.../...</snip>

> Make sure to use at least Ekiga 2.0.5.
Ubuntu Edgy only provides ekiga-2.0.3, so I checked on www.ekiga.org in
download section if we (...mainly our package guru, aka Kilian, is...)
are providing 2.0.5 packages for edgy, as I know he provides
svn-snapshots for this flavour of ubuntu, and saw that only packages for
fedora, opensuse and sources are advertised here.
Kilian, are you building packages for latest flavour for stable release
too, or just svn-snapshot ?
Wouldn't it make sense to provide packages for at least the stable and
(perhaps devel) version of the four or five main distros (not wanting to
be exhaustive or hurting someone who will use another distro than the
one I will talk about here and thinks his distro is a main distro), eg
ubuntu, debian,(open)SUSE, Fedora, Mandrake, if those ones don't follow
in time with our latest release ?(provided that some people provide us
the builds/packages if needed, as part of the "Let's spread Ekiga: call
for volunteers" "project")

> Thanks,

<snip>.../...</snip>

> > I'm behind a router, with a wireless laptop, WEP encription;
> > I'm running Ubuntu Edgy, Linux Kernel 2.6.17-11-generic #2,

<snip>.../...</snip>

Fabrice