[Ekiga-list] How do I connect to a different VOIP service through Ekiga

Natasha tashazo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:13:21 UTC 2007

Skype is on a different (closed , proprietary) protocol that doesnt
allow communication with any other network/protocol (unless you pay for
their calling to regular phones).
Ekiga runs on the sip and h323 protocols, and it is open to
communication to anybody using those same protocols - for instance, you
can call anybody with a sip address.
Check out the Ekiga wiki for more info:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Main_Page
this page with details on interoperability:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F
this for details on calling +overview of sip:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Calling