[Ekiga-list] problems with Logitech Quickcam Fusion

Luc Saillard luc at saillard.org
Mon Mar 5 05:29:45 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 06:05:36PM -0500, Jim Cline wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm trying to get ekiga to work with the Logitech Quickcam Fusion webcam.
> Other users have reported it to be working, but I'm not having any luck. I
> have installed the following modules
>
> uvcvideo               42884  0
> v4l1_compat            13956  1 uvcvideo
> videodev                7424  1 uvcvideo
> v4l2_common             4864  1 uvcvideo
>
> and the camera is recognized by the kernel,
>
> Mar  4 18:00:15 shiva kernel: usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 9
> Mar  4 18:00:16 shiva kernel: uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device <unnamed> (046d:08c1)

According to these line, you have plug your webcam on a USB1.1 host controller "new
full speed USB". Please load the ehci_hcd module (if not already the case).
After that you will see "usb xxx: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd
and address xxx"

When launching ekiga, can you launch it with debug option ?

  ./ekiga -d 4

Post any lines returned by the program.

Luc