[Ekiga-list] problems with Logitech Quickcam Fusion

Jim Cline jcline at hep.physics.mcgill.ca
Sun Mar 4 23:05:36 UTC 2007

hello,

I'm trying to get ekiga to work with the Logitech Quickcam Fusion webcam.
Other users have reported it to be working, but I'm not having any luck. I
have installed the following modules

uvcvideo               42884  0
v4l1_compat            13956  1 uvcvideo
videodev                7424  1 uvcvideo
v4l2_common             4864  1 uvcvideo

and the camera is recognized by the kernel,

Mar  4 18:00:15 shiva kernel: usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 9
Mar  4 18:00:16 shiva kernel: uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device <unnamed> (046d:08c1)

but ekiga gives the error message:
Error while opening video device USB Video Class device
Your video driver doesn't support the requested video format.

In the documentation, it is suggested to try both v4l and v4l2 plugins,
but the ekiga video preferences window does not offer me this choice.
(And when I load the uvcvideo module, both v4l1_compat and v4l2_common
are also automatically loaded).

any advice will be appreciated--Jim