[Ekiga-list] unable to hangup

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Mar 3 21:34:38 UTC 2007

> Hi Damien , I am Niv , we met at fosdem.
> you told me ekiga uses a separate sound device for alerting incoming
> calls.
> I decided to report an issue that is bugging me. When I try to hang-up
> ekiga freezes and I must kill it.
> I am using gentoo with kernel2.6.19-gentoo-r5 and ekiga 2.0.5 flags are:
>  dbus debug sdl
>
> I run ekiga -d6 and get:
> Block 0x647700 not in heap!
> Block 0x647700 not in heap!

I'm sure that once you will have found the way to get rid of those flags,
it will work.

Gentoo has 2 problems : the debug build behaves weirdly, nad there is no
ptracing. Unfortunately, nobody never fixed those 2 issues... I suggest
you build without debug (classical flags), and with no optimization.

Damien