[Ekiga-list] green screen

Rainer Bachl rbachl at web.de
Sat Mar 3 19:09:59 UTC 2007

I want to confirm the problem reported by Gene Imes.
The webcam screen remains green in Ekiga also with my setup.
I am using a Creative Live! Cam Optia with v4l2 and
the Linux driver for USB video class (linux-uvc).

No errors are reported, the webcam works with
some other software without problems (Kopete).

Disconnecting and re-connecting the webcam
does not make any difference. Restarting Ekiga
does not help.

When using the "Configuration Druid", the "test settings"
for the webcam are sometimes ok, sometimes they fail
with the error message "Failed to open the device. Could not
open the chosen channel for the chosen video format".
This error vanishes when disconnecting and re-connecting
the webcam. However, regardless whether the Webcam test
settings fail or run successful, the problem with
the green webcam screen persists.

linux-uvc is the newest version from subversion source
code repository, Ekiga is version 2.05, pwlib is
version 1.10.4. I am running Gnome under a Gentoo system.

Thanks.

Rainer