[Ekiga-list] No voice playback

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Thu Jun 28 19:50:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thibaud Roth wrote:
> I hope this is the correct platform for my problem.

It is.

> I'm trying to set up Ekiga on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn.

Bad : doesn't it only ship 2.0.3, which is pretty obsolete by now?
(we're up to 2.0.9...).

> My microphone and soundcard work correctly (I can hear my own voice through the speakers, if I want to).

Doesn't mean anything : it's not sound going in the computer then out
the computer, it's just sound looping within the soundcard. What does
the druid audio test say?

> In Ekiga however I can not hear, what other people say. They can hear what I say. Even if I call the echo test, I don't hear anything.

If the audio setup is ok, that shows your firewall blocks incoming
audio, and not outgoing audio.

> I can test my sound clearly without any trouble in "Configuration Assistant".

Ah, so your setup is ok, and you have a firewall issue.

> In the FAQ on ekiga.org is no further advice but to call 500 at ekiga.net. I don't know what else I can do.

Well, it clearly shows you have a firewall issue. What did the druid say
about your network?

Snark on #ekiga