[Ekiga-list] Ekiga from home to work - local view only?

Dan Stromberg strombrg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:12:58 UTC 2007

It appears that:

   1. home to work without -d gives a connection but no video
   2. work to home without -d gives a connection but no video
   3. home to work with -d 4 does not give a connection
   4. work to home with -d 4 gives a connection and bidirectional video

I can do what I wanted to do by running -d 4 and using a phone from home to
ask at work to ekiga home, so I have what I wanted from ekiga.  It's
slightly inconvenient, but it's workable.

Is this a situation that is addressed in a later version of the ekiga
sources and/or dependent libraries?

Ifnot, is there interest among the ekiga developers in using this situation
to improve ekiga?  I'm willing to commit some of my time to coming up with a
decent bug report and running some tests.

I'm using ekiga 2.0.9.both at home and work.  The one at home I built by
hand, and the one at work, I built with garnome.

On 6/15/07, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:

> Le vendredi 15 juin 2007 à 09:46 -0700, Dan Stromberg a écrit :
> >

> > On 6/15/07, Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> wrote:
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         Le mercredi 13 juin 2007 à 22:09 -0700, Dan Stromberg a
> >         écrit :
> >         >
> >         > Hi folks.
> >         >
> >         > Thanks for the great software.
> >         >
> >         > I'm trying to get ekiga working from work to home and vice
> >         versa.
> >         >
> >         > I can get a connection, despite the software having
> >         indicated my
> >         > workplace is using symmetric NAT.
> >         >
> >         > I can use spcaview to see myself on the cameras in QCIF and
> >         640x480.
> >         >
> >         > I can get a local view in ekiga in QCIF resolution.
> >         >
> >         > I can't seem to switch views to remote or side by side
> >         though -
> >         > nothing changes when I select them.
> >         >

> >         Probably you do not receive incoming video.
> >
> > What would I look for in a sniffer to confirm this?
> >

> Check the -d 4 output or post it somewhere.
>
> --
> _     Damien Sandras
> (o-
> //\    Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org/