[Ekiga-list] State of ZRTP integration?

Craig Southeren craigs at postincrement.com
Wed Jun 13 00:17:53 UTC 2007

Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 14:58 +0200, Rene Bartsch a écrit :

> Hi,
> > how is the current state of ZRTP integration into Ekiga?
> I think it is stalled...--

No, it is not stalled.

I have spent a lot of time with Phil Zimmermann over the past few months
to ensure that the ZRTP toolkit is available as an Open Source project
for OPAL and Ekiga users. This is now done, and Phil's SDK is now
available under an Open Source license that will allow it to be used by
Ekiga.

The ZRTP toolkit has been integrated into the OPAL RTP stack and compile
system. I've been using SRTP (which is the underlying protocol for ZRTP)
with OPAL for many months and it works great.

The next step is to provide an API within OPAL that applications can use
to manage ZRTP sessions. I exchanged emails yesterday with one of the
ZRTP developers and they will be working on this.

    Craig

  Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
  craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

  Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
  Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
  Mobile: +61 417231046      Jabber: craigs at jabber.org

  "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
   Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting