[Ekiga-list] pb ekiga

pierre dantzer pierre.dantzer at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 3 11:00:20 UTC 2007

Hello,

Last mail related to this  Dell laptop, Ekiga is connected and is
working since this morning 1am!
Many thanks, without your help, i was going to wait the following version.

I did as you wrote :

1. ekiga-config-tool --clean
2. killall gconfd-2
3. I had to re-boot
4. it was OK

Conclusions/questions/suggestions
1. I did follow the route given by Ubuntu doc to load Ekiga 2.0.9
2. some time ago, Ekiga ver 2.0.3 was installed on this laptop without success, I gave up waiting for Feisty and installed the last Ekiga version with synamtic.
3. I did run a 'new' configuration for this 'new' version. It did not work. May I conclude that the 'old' configuration was still present (login was changed moving from the old to the new config).
4. support from ekiga provided the solution.
5. In terminal mode : ekiga debug -d > output.txt (gives all the informations for the experts)
6. solutions : see above
7. May I say that uninstalling Ekiga did not remove the old config. (this might happen for other applications and create the same pb?)
8. It might be a good thing to point out that possible config problem in the doc related to Ekiga (Ubuntu)?

Now, I just have to convince more people to use Ekiga.

Good work and thank's again,
Sinceraly