[Ekiga-list] pb ekiga

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Sat Jun 2 16:31:02 UTC 2007

Le samedi 02 juin 2007 à 17:49 +0200, pierre dantzer a écrit :
> What a fast answer. I wish I could analyse the file so quickly.

You can see this :
-> REGISTER
<- 401
-> REGISTER (authenticated)
<- 401

The server sends a second 401 after the authenticated REGISTER. This can
only be possible for 2 reasons :
- a bug in ekiga
- a bug in the server
- something wrong with the login / password

If there was a bug in ekiga or in the server, I suspect you would not be
the only one to complain about it, so I really think there is a problem
with the login/pass.

But as Jure explained, it is possible that some router in between is
rewriting the SIP packets, leading to the failure.

> Then I must understand :
> I have tried Ekiga some time ago, with the former  version 2.0.3. (may
> be with edgy). I decided to comeback with the new version. Does it
> mean that the former configuration was kept in memory, in some place?

Yes.

> In that case how to recover the former login/pass, how to remake an
> initialisation?

I think you can do :
stop ekiga
ekiga-config-tool --clean