[Ekiga-list] Information about ekiga

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Tue Jul 31 19:34:21 UTC 2007

Julien Puydt a écrit :
> Sauro Cesaretti a écrit :
>> I'm blind person and I'd like to use a softphone from text console without using gnome.
>> Is there any version of ekiga that works in text mode?
>
> Not yet.

Let me tell more : ekiga is being refactored, which should make it
easier to give it different user interfaces ; however, there is no
direct plan to write a text interface -- nor different interfaces : the
goal is to open the door for the future.

That being said, are there known good and/or known bad text user
interface libraries? For example, does CDK give good things ?

Snark on #ekiga