[Ekiga-list] Configuring Ekiga with proxy/authentication

yannick sevmek at free.fr
Sat Jul 21 14:25:53 UTC 2007

Le samedi 21 juillet 2007 à 15:51 +0200, michel memeteau a écrit :
> It was already asked to see if the ekiga.net server could handle a
> http tunnel server ?

Well, as far as I know about this, this is technically a bad choice for
VoIP as it use TCP for transmitting datas. Theoretically speaking,
unlike UDP, the TCP module at the far end sends back an acknowledgement
for packets which have been successfully received; a timer at the
sending TCP will cause a timeout if an acknowledgement is not received
within a reasonable round-trip time (or RTT), and the (presumably) lost
data will then be re-transmitted.

Thus this will increase delay in the transmission as each packet will
wait for the acknowledgement. What will happen if one packet is lost ?
Does wengo workaround this in some way ?

I wonder how well the http tunnel works for wengo.

Regards,
Yannick

--
Me joindre en téléphonie IP / vidéoconférence ?
sip:yannick at ekiga.net
Logiciel de VoIP Ekiga : http://www.ekiga.org
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F