[Ekiga-list] gnome-doc-utils

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Jul 6 23:52:04 UTC 2007

> Le vendredi 06 juillet 2007 à 23:43 +0100, David Ford a écrit :
> > Thanks David
> > It looks like it's not going to work - gnome-doc-utils compiled OK after
> > I installed libxslt-devel, but after all that it turned out I need
> > gtk+-2 and fc3 uses gtk+-1.2 - so no ekiga until I upgrade to fc6 or so
> > by the looks of things.
> > That's a lot of work for very little gain at this time. It'll have to
> > wait until I become irritated enough with fc3!

You may be mistaken.  I am not a Fedora user, but AFAICT Fedora Core 3
contains gnome 2.8 and gtk2-2.4.13

(I think Red Hat tried to fool you by omitting the + from the rpm
name.  As you noticed, FC3 also contains gtk+-1.2.10)

However, FC3 pre-dates Ekiga 2.0 by about 2 years.  Ekiga 2.0 only
compiles with fairly recent versions of gnome.  It is likely to work
on gnome 2.12 or later, and was first officially released with gnome
2.14 in spring 2006.  The current release, 2.0.9, is mostly tested
with gnome 2.18 and 2.19.    (Even numbered releases of gnome come out
every 6 months.)

You probably want to get a more recent version of gnome on your
machine (I think yum and apt4rpm can do that.)
--
David