[Ekiga-list] ekiga + ldap + evolution address book

dam dam at venturin.net
Wed Jul 4 07:20:56 UTC 2007

Julien Puydt wrote:
> dam wrote:
>
>> I have a working ldap based addressbook for evolution
>>
>> I'm trying to setup Ekiga addressbook to retrive informations from ldap
>> but it's not working.
>>
>> I used the same parameters used in evolution's configuration. It means:
>> Base DN: cn=admin,dc=spippolo,dc=2v,dc=ntw
>> Search scope: subtree
>> Search Attribute: ou=contatti,dc=spippolo,dc=2v,dc=ntw
>>
>> After pressing OK I wait for the password prompt, but nothing happen.
>> Searching a contact gives no results.
>>
>> I searched in the documentation for tips but with no results.
>> May u help me please?
>>

> If I remember well, we only do simple authentification in the LDAP
> backend (which means no password).
>
> Doesn't evolution make the LDAP addressbook available through the
> evolution-data-server api?

I think so, but I'm not skilled enough to know this and how to use this.
Do u have any idea?
If u mean that I should see the remote ldap addressbook listed in
ekiga's addressbook in the same way of my local contacts ... well for
now it doesn't happen. May be it's necessary to setup something ... but
I really don't know how

thanks for your reply

ciao!