[Ekiga-list] Ekiga 2.04 and ALSA

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Wed Jan 31 19:58:34 UTC 2007

Hi,
 sound on linux continues to be a problem.

In some of my darker momements, I have mispronounced "ALSA" as
"ulcer".

So where is real problem?
The alsa plugins in pwlib follow the alsa examples, and "should"
be correct. Then a bit of reading finds that between alsa
1.0.10 and 1.0.11   (or was it 1.0.11 and 1.0.12?) that the alsa
internals were changed to add an extra dmix operator in the
system asound.conf  and I just don't get it.

Do we decide that the direction of alsa is not right for this project
and work on a openal based plugin. Will that be more reliable ?

=============================
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Maybe you have to edit you asound.conf ...
An activity which is technically challenging, and not for the faint
hearted. Further,  upgrades to your box will have an unknown outcome.

Derek.
--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.