[Ekiga-list] [Test site proposal]

W.P. laurentp at wp.pl
Wed Jan 24 13:33:45 UTC 2007

Użytkownik Damien Sandras napisał:

>Le mardi 23 janvier 2007 à 21:35 +0100, W.P. a écrit :
>

>><cut>
>>

>>>I can temporarily allow it.
>>>
>>>When do you want me to allow it ?
>>>

>>Will be good if I ask for tomorrow and after-tomorrow? (wed-thu)?
>>

>It is done.
>
>Please tell me when your tests are over.
>
>Thanks,

Hello,
thanks Damien,

first tests with LPC codec;
1).announcement message does not even look like human voice (but I have
the same when testing locally).
2). echo test VERY hard to understand, but the transmission parameters
are: 8% packet loss, jitter buffer approx 250ms.
    I'll try to mimic this at home. Local test (no packet loss, low
latency) was successful, voice was a bit strange but only a bit - like
with a poor             telephone set. LPC codec is said that it may
produce robot-like voice. It seems that it is sensitive to net parameters.

>>Please tell me when your tests are over.

I will ;)

W.Piotrzkowski