[Ekiga-list] Ekiga and sources

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 20 12:30:49 UTC 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 10:28, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le vendredi 19 janvier 2007 à 17:51 +0000, Anne Wilson a écrit :
> > Can Ekiga be pointed at /dev/webcam, instead of /dev/video0?  I can't see
> > where this can be done.
>
> No it can't. However, it should not be required. Ekiga will scan /dev
> for entries with the correct major and minor numbers for video, and
> hence detect all well configured devices.

Thanks for the reply, Damien.  Georgi added

... (if no /dev/video* devices are detected) ...

There is often /dev/video0 and /dev/video1.  I'm trying to use persistent
symlinks to get around this, with /dev/webcam being used to track which
video* the webcam is attached to.  In the presence of all three of these,
will ekiga actually find the right connection?

Thanks

Anne