[Ekiga-list] Being called by Windows Messenger to Ekiga

Yohann Martineau yohann.martineau at nexcom.fr
Fri Jan 5 12:48:30 UTC 2007

Oisin Feeley a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to get a windows user set up with a VOIP client so
> that we can communicate.  So far our testing of combinations is
> partial and incomplete, but we've done
>
> * Skype (Win) <-> Skype(Linux) -- I don't like it because of Skype's
> non-Free nature, but it works
> * Gizmo (Win) <-> Gizmo(Linux) -- this fails partially on the Linux
> side because of some interaction with ALSA, also although they're
> using an open protocol the client is non-Free
> * Gizmo(Win) <-> Ekiga (Linux) -- seems to fail in both directions,
> but need to test more
> * Win Messenger 5.1 <-> Ekiga (Linux) -- he claims that he is told
> that I need a .NET Passport
>
> Has anyone tried the last option and if so, is there any validity to
> his statement that he is prompted for my .NET Passport?
>
> I found the following posts in the archives which I've passed on to him:
> http://threebit.net/mail-archive/gnomemeeting-list/msg00108.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ekiga-devel-list@gnome.org/msg00327.html
>
> So, has anyone got this working?
>
> Also, is it worth suggesting that he install Ekiga-win32 (note it
> would be a difficult task for him, he's remote to me and I find it
> hard to help) ?  What does ekiga-win32 need to get to a usable state
> if it's not already there?
>
> Merci a tous les "ekiga developers "et Bonne Année,
> Oisín

Hello,

I don't know if it will help you, but the following configuration works:

Windows Messenger 5.1 (win) <=> X-Lite (win)

Did you uncheck the .NET account at startup and check in the SIP
Communication service ? You may also have to configure advanced settings
for proxy, etc.

But be careful, windows messenger 5.1 does not support HTTP digest, and
it creates dialogs for instant messaging. It means that you cannot use
it with an ekiga account. Windows messenger generally has a strange
behaviour.

Good Luck,

yohann