[Ekiga-list] Testing version 2.0.5

JCA 1.41421 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 04:47:44 UTC 2007

    A while ago I reported severe sound problems in version 2.0.3 when
interacting with sip:500 at ekiga.net - the echoed sound was so choppy
that Ekiga was, for all practical purposes, unusable.

   I have just tested with version 2.0.5. The first was perfect: The
voice from came through with perfect quality, and so did my echo. I
tried a few times, and things still worked fine. But, I tried again
and the extreme choppiness reared its ugly head again.

   This is all with exactly the same hardware throughout, and very
similar network conditions. I stopped Ekiga, and after launching it
things seemed to be fine again.

   Overall, it is much better than 2.0.3 - kudos to you guys. It's
really getting there now.