[Ekiga-list] weird Ekiga behaviour, bug?

John Leach john at johnleach.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 21:56:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've come across a strange problem that affects Ekiga.  It usually works
well, but once in a while my calls are so choppy as to be completely
unusable.  The strange behaviour is that if I start another process that
is CPU intensive, Ekiga works fine!

So, I experience choppy calls, then run:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=1M

and the choppiness completely disappears.  Kill dd and it reappears.

I tend to get choppy calls for a whole session. Restarting Ekiga doesn't
help.

I'm using Ubuntu Edgy on an i386 Sony Vaio laptop. I use suspend to ram
a lot, if that's any clue.

So, I'm not sure if this is even a Ekiga bug.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for the great work on Ekiga,

John.
--
http://johnleach.co.uk