[Ekiga-list] PVideoDevice required by Ekiga

Karel Kulhavy clock at twibright.com
Mon Feb 19 20:47:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:00:01AM +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le vendredi 16 février 2007 ?? 16:50 +0100, Karel Kulhavy a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying to compile Ekiga on OpenBSD and I already cleared a lot of obstacles,
> > but one of the last is that Ekiga requires PVideoDevice. Looks like it is
> > in pwlib (libpt-*.so) if video capture is enabled, but this requires
> > Linux.
> >
> > Is there a way how to tell Ekiga to disable the PVideoDevice requirement?
> > I don't mind if the video gets completely disabled.
> >
> > Alternatively, is it possible to tell pwlib during compilation to provide
> > at least some reduced functionality or dummy PVideoDevice so that Ekiga
> > finds it?
> >

> I think there is a METEOR interface for BSD. You will have to pluginize
> the old code to make a plugin out of it and you will have a working
> Ekiga with video.

I don't want to pluginize code sorry that would take too much time. Is it
possible to perform a clean cut in the Ekiga code to disable the video
capability so it doesn't requite the PVideoDevice object anymore?

I think for OpenBSD users being able to use Ekiga audio-only for the start
would be a certain benefit.

CL<