[Ekiga-list] ATA's or SIP Phones

George Boyd geboyd53 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 17 00:59:39 UTC 2007

Thanks to everyone for all the info on my question about the ATA
adapters. Simply because of the price difference, I've ordered a
Handytone 486 All In One adapter. The only drawback I can see with it is
it, doesn't do GSM. But neither do most of them that I have looked at.

ael, I would be very interested to know how you have yours configured.
All these new adapters are foreign to me, the only one that I ever used
was a Quicknet adapter that plugged into an ISA slot in the computer.
But Quicknet doesn't seem to exist anymore and their ixj drivers are not
being supported for Linux (or windose as far as I can tell).
Gnomemmeting (now Ekiga) used to be able to use that ATA before they
stopped support.

Thanks Again,
George

> I have already reported on this list that the Grandstream Handytone 486
> ATA works here with linux, cable modem. landline  and ekiga with at
> least 4 sip registries.
>
> ael

________________________________
Fedora Core 6 Linux
Ekiga Rocks!! One program so many ways to connect!

sip: geboyd53 at ekiga.net (or 617808 at ekiga.net)
H323: gk.voxgratia.net:1719 geboyd53
SipBroker: *673-617808  -or-  *011-1617808 (alias 617808)
e164: +13606660349 or +882 9999 398265 (linked to ekiga)
Voipbuster: geboyd53 (chat), 13606660349 (telephone)
Forward: 781549
Voxalot: 106153
Gizmo:  17476918163