[Ekiga-list] Linux Journal article on Ekiga and Wengo

Karel Kulhavy clock at twibright.com
Fri Feb 16 09:02:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:48:08PM -0800, George Boyd wrote:
> The problem I believe,is when reviewers test and compare software (in
> this case the article you mentioned), is that the reviewers are not
> fully aware of the potential or features of the software they are
> writing about. Reviewers should know the programs completely before they
> try to write comparison articles.

Reviewers are writing reviews for ordinary users, and ordinary users typically
have only superficial knowledge of software. In today's world, where you are
using many pieces of software concurrently, learning each one in depth would
require too much time.

I think it's OK when a reviewer writes a review from position of someone
who doesn't know the software completely.

CL<