[Ekiga-list] Ekiga does not start

Fabrice ALPHONSO fabrice at alphonso.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 11 12:09:00 UTC 2007

On dim, 2007-02-11 at 12:56 +0100, Tobias Eberle wrote:
> Hello,
Hi Tobias,

> I have ekiga from the current Debian unstable (it's version 2.0.3). One
> day I had to restart my computer and since then ekiga does not start
> anymore. That means that starting ekiga in a console does not output
> anything, does not show a GUI but is also not terminating, so actually
> it is running.
>
> "ekiga -d 6" output:

<snip>.../...</snip>

> that seems to be fine.
> I tried ekiga-config-tool --clean but this did not help.
>
> Using another user account (e.g. a new create one) ekiga is running
> perfectly.
>
> Does anybody has an idea what's happening here and how to fix it? I
> would be happy not to create a new user account and migrating all my
> settings to the new one.

Did you try to run gconf-editor and see if the key
"/apps/ekiga/general/user_interface/start_hidden is active" ? (there
should be a way to display that pair key/value from CLI, but I don't
remember it)
If yes either deactivate it, either try to check if your notfication
area is still active in your panel.

> Thank you in advance,

Hope that helps.

> Tobias