[Ekiga-list] Ekiga for stable OS releases

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Thu Feb 8 17:43:05 UTC 2007

Hi,

Yes, this is exactly the problem!  The snapshots do not have anything
for the stable branch of the "Red Hat"-like distributions.  Fedora
Core is based on the unstable branch and is also no longer
supported.  CentOS and RHEL (as well as Scientific Linux, which is
quite like CentOS and is provided by the large labs such as CERN and
Fermilab) use the stable branch.  The FC4 variant does not install or
play well on the stable-branch distributions.

We could boil down this request to provide a CentOS 4 - compatible
snapshot rpm package.  That would be very helpful.

Thank you,