[Ekiga-list] Ekiga for stable OS releases

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Tue Feb 6 17:14:03 UTC 2007

One big barrier to adoption of Ekiga on our Linux systems is that we
tend to use the "stable" branch rather than the "latest-greatest"
developmental one of our OS installations.  Our current systems are
based on CentOS 4.4, Scientific Linux 4, and RHEL 4 with the former
being as bleeding-edge as we become.

Is it possible to set up download repositories, preferably yum-
accessible, for instalaltions of Ekiga and its associated
dependencies?  Having been through the painful compilation process
more than once over the past few years, I can say that compiling from
source on our (many, widely distributed) client machines is not an
acceptable option and we would like to see a release system aimed at
adoption and not experimentation.

Thanks.

Alan