[Ekiga-list] no outgoing/incoming calls Re: resetting the gconf-editor settings of ekiga

Jens Nachtigall nachtigall at web.de
Mon Feb 5 12:33:10 UTC 2007

> > I can perfectly use my sipgate account with kphone, but with ekiga only
> > the registration works (that is, calling in/out does not work with
> > ekiga).

[...]

> > Is there a way to reset the gconf-editor settings to default values? If
> > not wherre can I find the defaults, so that I can reset it manually.
>
> gconftool-2 -u -R /apps/ekiga should work (out of the top of my head, so
> no warranty).

almost, it is "gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/ekiga".  Anyway, it still
does not work, so this does not seems to be the problem.

The problem again:
I can register with sipgate.de (and also unregister) perfectly. But when I
call sip:10000 at sipgate.de (a test number, but the same holds true for every
other number), then I can here it ringing, but after about 10 sec. it stops
ringing. With kphone, the test call (as well as others) works perfectly.

Since it works with kphone, I guess that it cannot be the firewall (I have
stun enabled (stun.sipgate.de:10000) as said by the setup wizard (I have a
very common NAT'ed router with no special software on it;  "Port Restricted
NAT" said the wizard)

When there is an incoming call, then ekiga announces this rightly, but when I
take the   call, it says "Abnormal call termination".

I'd think it something with RTP.

any ideas?

jens