[Ekiga-list] ekiga on windows

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Tue Dec 25 16:35:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

Le mardi 25 décembre 2007 à 12:56 -0200, Emmanuel a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to here a little bit about ekiga on windows (status,
> successfull tries of ekiga on windows etc...). I tried on XP and when
> configuring sound, I could here only strond distorsions.

That is a very common problem on windows and with Ekiga on windows. Some
drivers behave badly. Ekiga asks to the driver to send 8000 samples
every second, and it sends 8000 samples every 0.99 seconds or so,
resulting in an average of 8192 samples every second.

It gives the kind of problem you (and a few others) have reported.

We will probably work on a workaround at some point to fix that, but the
windows version is not our biggest priority. (nobody is currently
working on it)
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net