[Ekiga-list] looking for a working shorewall configuration

Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin manouchk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 23:14:22 UTC 2007

Le dimanche 16 décembre 2007, Fabrice ALPHONSO a écrit :

> > > Oops...
> > >
> > > this was the config that i had at my father's place, which isn't used
> > > since some times, but used to work before.
> > >
> > > So you mean, that a single line
> > > DNAT:debug:GM   net     loc:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX udp     5000:5100
> > > would be enough ?
> >
> > I think so...
>
> Ok, thanks ;-)
>
> modified in my shorewall rules.
>
> Fabrice

I used to have only :
net             all             DROP            info
all             all             REJECT          info

I added a new line in the policy :

fw             net             ACCEPT

Now, a call to 500 at ekiga.net  works pretty well! (and also calling with my
diamondcard account)

It was not very clear that I "needed" (maybe not necessary) this policy or
that my rules wasn't sufficient:

# ekiga
ACCEPT          fw      net     udp     5000:5100
ACCEPT          net     fw      udp     5000:5100

ACCEPT          fw      net     udp     3478:3479
ACCEPT          net     fw      udp     3478:3479

ACCEPT          net     fw      tcp     1720
ACCEPT          fw      net     tcp     1720

Well, they are not sufficient at all and it was not very clear from what I
read about ekiga. I may have miss the information though or maybe everyone is
using a policy that accept all connection from fw to net.