[Ekiga-list] gtk2 2.4

no name registered protective1 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 18:33:55 UTC 2007

I'm using RHEL4 and would like to video conference
with someone who's using Windows Live Messenger.

Since no Ekiga distribution exists for RHEL4, I'm
trying to compile Ekiga 2.0.11 from source.  I have
successfully compiled and installed opal 2.2.11 and
pwlib 1.10.10 (as downloaded from the Ekiga webpage).

When configuring Ekiga, it complains that my version
of gtk2 is too old.  I have gtk2 2.4.13 and Ekiga
wants 2.6.0.  Does that mean I  have to upgrade gtk2?
Is there any other way to get this working?  I have
tried to upgrade gtk2 before and was unable to get it
working properly.  I appreciate any suggestions you
might have.

Thank you.