[Ekiga-list] Please help with error when trying to run ekiga.

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Sun Dec 9 04:42:09 UTC 2007

On Dec 8, 2007 8:27 PM, lapis <lapis00 at imap.cc> wrote:
> I have tried to install Ekiga on Puppy Linux.
> When running it I get the following error and then it exits.
> ekiga: symbol lookup error: ekiga: undefined symbol:
> g_type_register_static_simple

That function has only been introduced with glib 2.12. Did you compile
ekiga yourself? If not, then puppy linux has a bug in its
dependencies, because it should require you to also install the
updated glib package.

> Please forgive me for my ignorance but is this something that can be
> fixed or will Ekiga just not run on Puppy Linux?

You either need to find an ekiga package which was compiled against an
older glib library like the one you have installed, or try to update
your system to glib/gtk 2.12.

~David