[Ekiga-list] trying to use my sony dcr-trv 25e as webcam with ekiga

PawelCarqowski paulino90 at tenbit.pl
Wed Dec 5 10:51:04 UTC 2007

Hallo Group Members

I am trying to run my sony mini-DV (dcr trv-25E) camcorder as webcam with ekiga.
What I did:
- I run ekiga 2.0.11,
- I plugged it in to my firewire card.
- then chose 1394avc as video plug in and pressed "detect devices".
- ekiga discovered my camcorder as "Sony dcr-trv25e dv-vcr" which is correct.

The problem is that I see green picture instead of real picture from camcorder.

I have never connected any camcorder before, so I might be doing some simple mistake.

What mode Do You set in Your camcorders:
- "camera" mode. (this is recording mode).
- "vcr" mode. (this is playback mode).
- "memory" mode (my camcorder has memory stick and this is mode to interact with it).

do You do any additional steps (like pressing "record" button, or something else)?

Do You see the picture also in Your camcorder or only in ekiga?
 I see picture in camcorder, only when in "camera" mode - in ekiga of course not.
 When in "memory" and "vcr" mode, there is no picture in camcorder (maybe there does not have to be).

My camcorder works correct using firewire with kino and avidemux2.

regards,
Pawel