[Ekiga-list] trace of problem getting Ekiga to workin Kubuntu gutsy

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Tue Dec 4 12:03:26 UTC 2007

Sergei Steshenko a écrit :
> --- Julien Puydt <jpuydt at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Sergei Steshenko a écrit :
>>> Looks like a bug (midding feature) in Ekiga. OpenWengo has a configuration file
>>> which has port numbers in it; the file can be changed from the GUI.
>> In gconf, there is : /schemas/apps/ekiga/protocols/sip/listen_port
>>
>> Nothing's missing.
>>
>> Snark on #ekiga
>>

> I'm running KDE and don't have 'gconf' installed.
>
> Can 'gconf' be installed under KDE ?

Are you sure you don't have gconf installed?

Chances are your distribution compiled ekiga with gconf, and you're
using it right now.

Notice that I didn't give a file path, but a configuration path : don't
touch the files!

Try to use gconftool-2 to edit your configuration... it is more likely
to work.

Snark on #ekiga